There is no denying that pumpkin pie is a holiday favorite! Every Thanksgiving season, families gather around the table and celebrate a meal together. Pumpkin pie, the hallmark of Thanksgiving, has been stealing the show as a tradition for many years. People wonder how they can indulge and enjoy this delicious holiday favorite, yet also obtain their goal of healthy eating during the holidays…..Guess what??? There is a way! It is all about finding pumpkin pie recipes with healthy and limited ingredients. This way there is room for indulging and staying healthy.
Now, here is an example of a quick and easy recipe for some delicious low sugar and calorie pumpkin pie 🙂
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes \
1 whole wheat pie crust
1 can 15 ounce pure pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
½ cup milk
4 beaten eggs
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- Prepare your crust from the recipe above.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay aluminum foil over the pie crust and add pie weights or raw dry beans, about 2 pounds.
- Spread beans over the bottom of the pie on foil.
- Place pie plate onto a baking sheet. Bake the crust for 10 minutes then remove the foil and beans and bake another 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking prepare your filling. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour filling mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes -1 hour or until center is set.
- Cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This holiday season go ahead and indulge in healthy, delicious pumpkin pie. Serve a pumpkin pie that is tastefully and textually perfect so that everyone can have smiles on their faces and a delicious memory in their mouths and hearts. There is nothing better than a good pumpkin pie to bring the family happily together. Enjoy! 🙂