Serves: 8 -12
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Ingredients for macadamia frosting:
• 2 cups raw macadamia nuts (soaked in water for 2-4 hours)
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp. rose water or orange blossom ( optional)
• 2 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 1/3 cup agave nectar, coconut nectar, or maple syrup
• 3/4 Cup water
Ingredients for carrot cake:
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
• 1 1/2 cups almond meal
• 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces ( I like Medjool)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes.
• 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to your high speed blender ( or vitamix), and blend for few minutes, until creamy and smooth.
Preparation For The Cake:
1. In your food processor ( or your high speed blender) add all ingredients and pulse for few minutes, until all ingredients sticks together and becomes like a dough like.
Assembling The Cake:
1. In a lined springform cake tin, press half of the cake mix into the bottom of the cake tin and press firmly with your hands.
2. Spread 1/2 of the macadamia frosting on top. Place into the freezer until the macadamia frosting is hard.
3. Remove from freezer and add the rest of the cake mix into the cake tin and press firmly with your hands.
4. Spread the rest of the macadamia frosting into the cake tin and place back into the
freezer until the frosting becomes hard.
5. Remove from freezer and decorate with your favorite toppings. Serve and let the