Serves: 1 1/2-2 cups
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
• 1 15-ounce can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained (Note: keep the can of water in a separate bowl to use in this recipe).
• 2 large cloves garlic ( less if you don’t like garlic).
• 4-5 Tbsp. tahini paste
• 1 tsp Sirracha sauce (more, if you like the heat)
• Juice from one lemon
• 1/4 cup water + 4 tablespoon water from the garbanzo can
• 1/2 tsp. sea salt !
For the top of the hummus:
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed cumin
• Extra virgin Olive oil, to drizzle on top
• 1- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 1 tsp chipotle spice
1. Blend all ingredients in your food processor or high speed blender for about 2 minutes.
(Add more water, one Tbsp. at a time, if a thinner texture is desired. Adjust seasonings
according to taste).
2. Remove and arrange in small bowls, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with a slice of lime, a pinch of chipotle sprinkled on top, and cumin and chopped parsley. Serve and dig in.