Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
• 1-2 lb. boneless skinless salmon fillet
• 1 bunch fresh cilantro, cut into large pieces
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
• 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 3 large dried red chili peppers
• 1 cup water
• 3/4 tsp. turmeric
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 tbsp. and 1 tsp. paprika
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 4-5 peeled lemon slices
• 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1. Place a large wok or pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1 Tbsp. olive oil into the pan and
add cilantro, garlic, bell pepper and chili peppers.
2. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of ingredients in pan.
3. Add garbanzo beans and 1/2 C water to pan. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium and uncover. Cook for 15 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, mix remaining olive oil and paprika. Pour over fillets as a sauce, covering them evenly.
6. Add lemons and allow fish to simmer for 15-20 more minutes, gently spooning mixture
from the pan over the fish often. Do not overcook! Salmon is perfectly done when moist