If you’re my client (past or present), one of my subscribers based in LA, or somewhere in the US or Canada, if you have trained under my TRANSFORM method, or have hired me to customize your nutrition plan, then you probably already know that I don’t think anybody should feel deprived, compromised, count calories when they try to lose weight, or feel ashamed when they have sweet tooth, or crave chocolate. Absolutely not! My motto is, and will always be: “Let’s have the cake and eat it too.” More than that, I encourage my clients to experiment with my delicious, no-fuss raw desserts — to satisfy their sweet tooth without sabotaging their weight-loss journey.
I’m obsessed with good quality chocolate, and the combination of chocolate and nuts in this dessert is killer. This scrumptious dessert below takes only 5 minutes to prepare, is made with only 4 ingredients ( plus 20 minutes to set in the refrigerator or freezer), and is the perfect solution to have around on a PMS day, when you just have to have something sweet ( but don’t want the lingering guilty feelings afterwards), or even when unexpected guests are knocking on your door.
A 4 Ingredient, 5 Minute Pistachio Chocolate Bark (Vegan and Gluten Free!)
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1/3 cup coconut oil ( melted)
2 -3 Tbsp. agave nectar, coconut nectar ,or maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsalted, pistachios, halved
( or any other nuts of your choice: macadamia, hazelnuts or Brazil nuts)
1. Line a baking tray ( or a plate) with parchment paper, and spread the halved pistachios on top.
2. In a medium bowl add the melted coconut oil, the agave nectar (or any other sweetener of your choice), the cacao powder and whisk until well combined.
3. Pour the chocolate-mixture over the pistachios. (Make sure they are all well coated)
4. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 20 minutes.
5. To serve: remove from refrigerator / freezer, break apart with your hands and serve.