Yes, you don’t need reading glasses. Yes, you’re reading it right: a pie that is excellent both for your health and for your weight-loss. As you know by now, I’m all about ‘having the cake and eating it too’, no deprivation, no compromise. And definitely no food with ingredients you can’t pronounce.
This pie is made of 7 ingredients total (plus spices); full of antioxidants (from the blueberries), omega 3’s ( from the coconut oil and walnuts), and fiber and relief from constipation (from the dates). Just throw everything into your blender, and voila!
No Bake, Guilt Free Blueberry Pie – It’s Vegan and Gluten-Free!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 Cup Almonds
1 Cup Walnuts
5-7 Madjool Dates, pitted and chopped.
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 Tbs extra virgin Olive oil
For The Filling
3-4 Cups fresh blueberries (or strawberries, blackberries or combination of all of them)
1/4 Cup coconut oil
6 Tbs of agave nectar, coconut nectar or raw honey
5 drops of Rose water (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to your high speed blender or vitamix (except olive oil) and blend well for 1-2 mins.
2. Remove to a bowl and add the olive oil. Kneed with your hands and press I to a pie dish that was oiled with coconut oil.
1. Add all ingredients to your high speed blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
2. Remove and spread all over your pie crust.
3. Leave in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
Optional: after removing from the freezer, feel free to decorate with extra berries, slices bananas, and sliced kiwis. Easy as pie!
What’s your favorite summer dessert? Please share in the comments below.