Nutella Strawberry Crepes
Who doesn’t love the aroma of freshly cooked crepes, and the sight of them nicely stacked on a plate, drizzled with guilt-free Nutella spread, and juicy, red strawberries gracing the top. Yes, I know, me too. Quick to make, and as always, made with real ingredients sitting in your pantry right now, this recipe is a beautiful Sunday morning breakfast option. Pair with my papaya smoothie (http://www.expresshometrainer.com/the-raw-series-part-3-1-minute-delicious-detoxifying-coconut-papaya-smoothie/), a vase of flowers in the middle of the table, and voila, a scenic breakfast that comes loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Serves 3 (2 crepes per person)
½ cup almond meal
½ cup oats
2-3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon best quality vanilla extract
2 tablespoon agave, coconut nectar, or maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
2 cups strawberries, halved
2 Tbsp “Nutella” spread, per crepe
3 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Add the oats and almond meal in a high speed blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until a flour-like substance forms.
- Move to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, sweetener of your choosing, and salt. Whisk for 1 minute or until mixed together. Do not over mix.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over low heat, pour about ¼ cup batter onto the pan. Spread the batter out for a larger, thinner crepe. Cook until the edges of the crepe come up easily with a spatula, and then flip. Repeat process until all crepes are made.
- Stuff the crepes with halved strawberry slices, sprinkle the pistachios, and drizzle the “Nutella” Spread on top. Bon appetite!
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
1.5 cups raw hazelnuts
6 Tbsp unsweetened, cocoa ( or cacao) powder
6-8 Medjool dates
2/3 cups water (or your favorite nut milk)
pinch of sea salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add hazelnuts to high speed blender and process until you get a sticky dough, almost like a nut butter.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until you get a smooth, creamy, thick chocolate spread.
For stronger flavor, you can roast the hazelnuts for a few minutes prior blending them. Either way this recipe is so delicious. I suggest you make an extra batch – it won’t last long.